Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lost a Month...

Well it looks like I lost a month and am now just catching up on my postings. I had to take some time off due to my mother's death (she was 81) and was out of state for a few weeks. I'm just now getting back to normal.

Anyways....the grapefruit wine I made last January is shaping up and looking nice and clear. I'll have to sample some soon and decide whether to tweak it a bit depending on how it tastes. It's still a bit young yet but it has fallen out very clear!

My Holiday Spiced Ale is still "maturing" and I did add a 1/4 stick of cinnamon to it the last time I racked it (2 months ago). I should probably rack it once again soon. I'll be adding a small amount of medium toast French Oak (spirals) to it soon and will keep adjusting the spice levels to where I think it should be. I also plan to fortify this beer with an ounce or so of Red Stag! This is a Cherry infused Jim Beam Bourbon that I really like a lot! We'll need just a touch of it to give the ale some complexity.

As you should already know, this Saturday is the AHA's BIG Brew Day (National Homebrewers Day), and our club the Volusia County Home Brewers Guild will be meeting up at my place and will be brewing up a 25 gallon batch of 1.055 OG base wort and will be splitting it up among our participants. We'll have the grill going and we'll make sure to take a lot of pics of this club event. Should be fun! I'll be spending the rest of this week getting the brewery ready and the grains measured out and readied as well. We'll be mashing 48 lbs of grain for this one!  :D

Well...that's all I have for now....thanks for stopping by too!

Keep Brewing!

(_)3

2 Comments:

Blogger brokenspear said...

Great blog, Wotta. Thanks for the pics and thanks for the information...I'll be back to get some more tips from you because I am just getting my rig up and running.

Thanks!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Wottaguy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'm always happy to try to answer any questions you may have.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home