Saturday, September 04, 2010

Brads Porter Session!

Well....!

I awoke this morning at 5:45 AM and got up and got dressed and had a cup of coffee before heading out to Brad's place to witness his brew session. The sun was just coming up over the horizon when I completed the 20 minute drive and I pulled into his driveway to see him already sanitizing the brewery's plumbing and getting the equipment ready for the mornings brew session.

Brad greeted me and asked if he was late or if I was early! I stated that I was a bit early and he then chuckled and went back to work getting ready to start today's brew session. He got me a chair and handed me his brew recipe...ahhh....a nice Robust Porter!

Within 15 minutes we started heating up the strike water and when that was at our desired temperature, we started to dough in the grains. It was then that our long time friend and brew pal Bob rolled into the driveway and he assisted with the stirring of the mash while Brad fed the mash tun the grains at an even pace.

The session was highly successful and fun for all. We ended the day with food and drink and we were all satisfied and tired out from the day's events.

Here's just a few pics of the session:

Bob stirring while Brad pours in the grain!


Close up of the grain being doughed in:


Bob finishing up with the mixing:


Here's Brad,  Bob and I bringing the wort to a boil:


It was a great session and we had a lot of fun too! Now the hard part....waiting until the final product is finished!

Thanks for stopping by......Keep Brewing!

(_)3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home